Thursday, June 9, 2022

Welfare is not a substitute for work

 





The government have no right telling anyone no matter what the color of their skin is if they can't find a job that they should get government assistance such as welfare, supplemental security income, section 8 housing, etc. The government shouldn't be using taxpayers' money to support anyone who don't want to work. It's all about "making the rich richer, the poor poorer, and taxing the middle class." I am blessed that I never had to go on welfare because I've heard from family who have been on the welfare system. My mom was on welfare from the 1960's till the 1980's due to her financial situation and her 2 former husbands' low income but got off welfare when she went down to the state in Hartford and told them "No more, I don't want your food stamps or your assistance!" Good for her! Some people want to be on welfare to abuse the system because they don't want to work. Those who are on government assistance are paid more to stay home than they are to work. 


The very first I received a letter from the state, I was in my early 20's. I qualified for government assistance because my mom was receiving social security and at the time I wasn't working, and I was going to school full-time at community college. I remember my mom telling me the story how she has gotten off of welfare in 1985 when I was 7. A good friend of the family convinced my mom to go down to the state and tell them she wanted to be off welfare, and everything associated with government assistance. The challenge that some people have going down to the state is when they are in line to receive their food stamps or EBT cards. The people who are behind them in line can hear everything that the employee tell them about how much they will receive a month. They were the same people who filled out the paperwork for government assistance. I remember reading the part of the letter I received in the mail that said, "If you work and come into any kind of money, we will take it if you're on government assistance," I had my mom tear that letter up into pieces. My mom told me her testimony how she got off of welfare. Why would I apply for government assistance and go on welfare especially when I grew up in a Christian home with a praying mom, who believed in working to earn an income? My mom didn't raise her 7 sons to grow up to be lazy and to depend on government assistance.


I remember back in January of 2014 when I went down to the state. I had graduated from community college back in May of 2012. I was looking for work and tried to apply for the state in Hartford (then in Hartford now in Wilson in Windsor). I talked to a woman named Doreen. We must have chatted for an hour and thirty minutes. Doreen was so amazed that I didn't come down there cussing her out and demanding that I get money for government assistance like most people who go down there do on welfare. I told Noreen that I was interested in working there at the state. Doreen told me that unfortunately, they couldn't hire me as a Military Veteran because I didn't serve in the military long enough. Doreen showed me a list of resumes to read and that helped me shorten my long lengthy resume. I wound up going to my community college where I graduated from, and a woman named Karen helped me re-write my resume to where it was job hiring as well as landing a lot of interviews. 


Lastly, I'm a leave a bible verse on what the bible say about welfare. 1 Timothy 5:3-8 King James Version (KJV) "Honour widows that are widows indeed. But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God. Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day. But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth. And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless. But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." That's all for free speech on all topics till next time keep an out for more blogs like this. God Bless You! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

WHO'S CHICKEN NOW?

WHO'S CHICKEN NOW? : Harris Accepts Only 1 Debate, Refuses To Commit To More Against Trump We knew that Kamala Harris was afraid 😟😳 to...