Monday, June 26, 2023

Spending the day helping a family deliver newspapers

Did you ever felt that it was a big assignment to help someone in their biggest dilemma? Well, Thanksgiving 🦃 holiday of 1985, Sister Hope and her family needed help to deliver newspapers 🗞️ for the whole day. To me, it was a "no brainer" to volunteer spending that day to make sure they got the newspapers out to the recipients.

I remember I must have begged my mom several times to please let's help Sister Hope and her husband, her son, and her daughter deliver the newspapers. I'm also remembering when Sister Hope and her family had given me a warm welcome 🤗 when I stayed a little over a year ago with Sister Hope and her family in their home in Ellington. My mom got to meet Sister Hope, Sister Hope's husband, Sister Hope's son, and Sister Hope's daughter through me. Courtney also got to meet Sister Hope and her family.

The whole reason for me and my family spending the day with Sister Hope and her family to help deliver these newspapers is because Sister Hope's husband, the boss at the Hartford Courant, who paid the paperboys salary; all of them, bailed on him during that Thanksgiving holiday. That Thanksgiving holiday saw me and my family help Sister Hope and her family get the job done.

Meanwhile, we drove and we would all meet up and delivered papers in the Greater Hartford area. I remember we tossed papers from house to house. I can recall Christmas music 🎶 even playing. I do believe the song that I will never forget when we delivered newspapers at this one particular house played was called Sleigh Ride.



After delivering papers from 7 AM to after 3 in the afternoon, Sister Hope and her family decided that it would be a wonderful idea to treat me and my family out for Pizzas and Sodas. We were really working very hard and we were all really hungry. Sister Hope and her family is all about being a blessing to people. Sister Hope and her family knew what we were thinking 🤔 because Pizza and Soda was what we wanted but we didn't expect Sister Hope and her family to treat us out like that.

We had such a wonderful time with Sister Hope and her family. We were really glad 😊 that we spent the day helping them get the newspapers out on that Thanksgiving holiday. It was especially fun for me working at age 7 being a paperboy. Sister Hope and her family reminded my mom to keep encouraging me because they said several times that I was obedient and my mom was in total agreement and replied,

 "Paul is very obedient, and he let me know how y'all give him such a warm welcome when he stayed with y'all. He really wanted us to help y'all deliver the newspapers."

 I felt that the Lord put it on my heart to help Sister Hope and her family and I was glad that I did. This journaling is really fun! I will write ✍️ one more journal about my experience that I had at Full Gospel Interdenominational Church in Manchester. Keep an eye out for one more journal blog. God Bless You!























No comments:

Post a Comment

WHO'S CHICKEN NOW?

WHO'S CHICKEN NOW? : Harris Accepts Only 1 Debate, Refuses To Commit To More Against Trump We knew that Kamala Harris was afraid 😟😳 to...