Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Visiting Nashville, TN

 The last time that I was in the Volunteer state of TN was when I was in Chattanooga, TN in 2010-2011. I went there on a $350 voucher that then US Airways gave me when they booked me a one way ticket 🎟️ from Dulles International Airport in DC to Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT. They apologized to me for the military πŸͺ– for overbooking my flight ✈️  to Philadelphia as a standby passenger at the time that I missed. When I used my voucher I always wanted to be in Nashville, TN. At the time I had to go to Chattanooga but it was good because I had never been to TN before and I met some really nice and hospitable people.

To make a long story short I'm in Nashville. I flew in yesterday March 19, 2024 for my birthday πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚ and I'm in town till Sunday March 24, 2024. I am enjoying my stay in Nashville so far and the people are a joy 😊 to meet and chat to out here. So far I've been to Cracker Barrel for my birthday yesterday and for breakfast 🍳πŸ₯ž today Waffle House. I plan on getting in touch with the Nashville post office and give them my contact info so they can give me a follow up on my transfer. 

I'm from the post office plant in Hartford and I know it takes a while for a transfer to go through. I'm also waiting to see if and when I am about to get back paid. I was supposed to convert to career July 31, 2021 along with 2 other co-workers but instead us three converted April 23, 2022. A woman who was ahead of me by 1 on the relative standing list back in March of 2021 decided to do both distribution at the stations and window clerk at the front of the Hartford plant. 

When the woman heard that she was the last to convert in July 31, 2021 she bidded back in the Hartford plant and it prevented us three from converting with her. The union filed a grievance and said that is was unfair for the woman to leave the plant like that and bid back in before a conversion like that happened. Instead of it being 36 of us converting it wound up being 33 converting because of what the woman did. The Washington, DC  post office decides the conversions to careers of all the post offices in the 50 states because they are over all of the post offices. If and when DC hear the grievance then if and when we win it, it will show up in our adjustments in our paychecks that we get biweekly. That is all for now, I will keep y'all updated. God Bless You!

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

WHO'S CHICKEN NOW?

WHO'S CHICKEN NOW? : Harris Accepts Only 1 Debate, Refuses To Commit To More Against Trump We knew that Kamala Harris was afraid 😟😳 to...